Love, where is your fire?
I've been sitting here smoking away
Making signals with sticks
And odd ends and bits
But there's no sign of a flame
Imposters have been passing
Offering good-feeling glow
But I'm holding out
For what You are about
An inferno that burns to the bone
Some urge me to be temperate
Lukewarm will never do
-Love, Where is Your Fire? by Brooke Fraser.
It takes courage, and faith, and all manner of strength...
To hold out for what is real.
To dare to feel fully
The infinite void inherent in man's eternal soul.
And not hasten to fill it
With the finite solutions that this world offers.
To know that it will never be enough.
Whilst trapped in this fleshly vessel, never.
And yet still to trust that hope
Hope is coming for me.
And so to be content, in the meantime.
To wait and ache.
And run the good race.
And fight the good fight.
In sum, to be alive, fully alive.
For the glory of God is man fully alive.
It's been a ponderous weekend.
If it all makes no sense to you...
Rest assured that it makes sense to me.
P.S. I'm not depressed or on the ledge of the 18th story or anything (10 points if you can tell where that's from). There's just a time, or two, in every philosophizing person's life when he/she encounters some existential angst. Some cut themselves, others blog. See, in comparison, I'm as upbeat as the entire cast of Sesame Street wrapped in rainbow-coloured wrapping paper.
P.P.S. I'm not at all sure why you should be rested or assured by the fact that it makes sense to me and not to you. Logic indicates that it should be exactly the opposite. But hey, logic is in a state of indefinite suspension here on blogger.com.

5 comments:
It's storey, not story (and minus 10 points for me, cos I can't tell where)
And I think, for some philosophizing fanatics, it's more than just a once or twice in a lifetime that existentialist angst catches on. It's well, seasonal, to say the least.
I thought as much, but blogger spell-checked 'storey' as a spelling mistake...silly blogger.
Yes minus 10 points for you. In the arbitrary points game we shall call Who's Points Are They Anyway.
Haha seasonal - 'tis the season to be angsty'; the annual existentialist quandary. Perhaps it's a good thing afterall. Helps one put things in perspective.
i am lost in this discussion. and clearly very behind in it as well.
irregardless, I MISS YOU WOMANYYY.
my friendddd.
I am depressed.
I had a little accident, and now my mac (whatever its name is) has a cracked screen! :( :(
btw, CONGRATS you're done with evidence and proovery
So very delayed are my replies.
S'okay my friend. Mac will just have to be REPLACED. With the new and improved version. See it's not all baaad.
I miss you tooooo womany!
Come back come back now.
And worry not. We're all a little lost..
Post a Comment